ePassports Conformity Tests LAYERS 3 - 4 and 6 - 7, BAC, EAC
Pre-registration for ePassports is running at the moment.
As we want to give to all participants an opportunity to have all relevant certificates in advance we have to set up advanced fee to handle the last minute certificate distribution:
Pre-registration process on-line is free of charge until 18th August 2008
From 19th August 2008 to 1st September 2008 the fee is 600 € (incl. VAT) (on-line registration)
At the Prague Tests registration place at 7th September 2008 the fee is 1000 € (incl. VAT) (registration on the spot)
Informations for participants
The purpose of the conformity testing is:
- to allow member states to verify the conformity of ePassports with fingerprint biometric data protected by EAC for the functional layers L3 – L4 and L6 – L7 according to approved standards and specifications
- to open testing to other countries and passport producers.
A laboratory environment will be provided for a subset of EAC and BAC conformity tests for the functional layers L3 – L4 and L6 – L7, according to approved standards and specifications.
ePassports entry condition
- testing is in general divided into the two parts:
- guaranteed testing
There is guarantee that all ePassports registered for this part of testing will be tested within all Testing Laboratories
- optional testing
- Guaranteed testing is open for ePassports registered:
- by representatives of EEA Member States
- each Member State can register a maximum of 2 types of EAC ePassports
- 3 samples of each type of EAC ePassport per Testing Laboratory (i.e.: two sets of 3 samples per each Lab
- 1 sample of ePassport for L3-4
- 1 sample of ePassport for L6-L7
- 1 sample of ePassport reserve - in one set.
- Both types of EAC ePassports must include different chips or OS from each other.
- for the guaranteed testing only booklets with an MRZ will be accepted, and all required information and certificates must be available prior to the event.
- Optional testing is open for ePassports registered:
- by representatives of the member states (EAC, BAC)
- by another country (EAC, BAC)
- by company (EAC)
- each applicant for optional testing can register maximum of 4 types of ePassports
- 3 samples of each type of ePassport per each Testing Laboratory (ie: maximum 4 sets of 3 samples per each Lab)
- 1 ePassport for L3 – 4
- 1 ePassport for L6 - L7
- 1 ePassport reserve in one set).
- By "type" we understand different ePassports from the point of view OS or chip or personalisation.
- Samples providing at least a data page with MRZ will be accepted for optional testing.
- Certificates and private keys must be provided for each type of
ePassport. The files names must be respected. The following certificates
together with registration forms shall be sent by providers in advance
during the pre-registration process until 20th August 2008, and brought to
the registration place. Definition of the certificates and keys for registration is as follows:
|CSCA certificate - name
||NN_CSCA.der (.der, .cer)
||NN_DS (.der, .cer) preferably included in the ePassport chip
||NN_CVCA.cvcert (minimal validity at least 2 month)
|CVCA private key under PKCS#8 format
||NN_DVCA.cvcert (effective date like CVCA certificate)
||NN_IS.cvcert (effective date like CVCA certificate)
|IS private key under PKCS#8 format
- Details, conditions and terms of registration process
- Pre-registration starts for ePassports - from July 1st 2008
- Applicant can fill in form on the website by 18th Agust.2008. Applicant will receive ID for identification after finishing preregistration.
- Registration (hand over) will starts on September 7th and September 8th
- Testing will take place on the first four days of the Prague Tests (8.-11.9.2008), the last day (12.9.2008) will be used for the consolidation and presentation of the results.
- For the purpose of guaranteed testing all Testing Labs will be used. The condition for the participation for each laboratory is that a particular laboratory will be able to provide enough capacity for guaranteed part of testing for all of the officially registered passports for the guaranteed tests.
- In the event of there being capacity limits for the optional testing, eachTesting Lab can decide which passports registered for optional testing will be tested
- The schedule for testing will be prepared by each Testing Laboratory and will made generally available.
- A Testing Steering Team will be established for the preparation and evaluation of the results. Testing Steering Team will consist from representatives of all laboratories which take part in testing.
- The Testing Steering Team will organize the running of the tests, reception of ePassports, reception of the outputs from the Testing Labs, and consolidation of the results into a unified form.
- Handling of ePassports for testing will be done under supervision of The Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic
- The final test report of all the passports will be provided at the end of the Event.
||Defined format of log files
||Mandatory for guaranteed testing
||Testing Steering Team
||Defined format of log files
||Mandatory for guaranteed testing, optional for optional testing
|Testing Steering Team
||Will be provided for guaranteed part of testing, for optional part of testing also optional
|Testing Steering Team
||More general results
Will be provided for guaranteed part of testing, for optional part of testing also optional
- The schedule of the official (mandatory) tests will be defined by the Testing Steering Team. The remaining time reserved for the tests should be used for the tests of optionally registered passports.
- Testing Steering Team has the final decision in exceptional circumstances.
- Access to testing area will be limited and will be allowed only to governmental representatives and only during the testing period of their ePassports.
- Passports will be returned at the end of testing (12.9.2008) and all applicants from the guaranteed test category also received a normalized test report from all Testing Laboratories. Detailed log files will not be made available automatically. Availability of detailed log files will be a the discretion of the Testing Labs. Normalised test reports of optionally registered passports will be provided if available.