ePassports EAC Conformity & Interoperability Tests
Prague, September 7th - 12th 2008
ePassports Conformity Tests LAYERS 3 - 4 and 6 - 7, BAC, EAC
Information for Personnel of testing laboratory
- Conformity Testing is open to any organisation which fulfils the entry conditions.
- The term "Testing Laboratory" is defined as one organisation or group of organizations from Member States that will be able to fulfil the entry conditions (see below).
- Pre-registration starts from June 1st and finishes June 30th 2008.
- Registration will start on September 7th (pre-registration is mandatory). The Steering Committee will manage exceptions.
- Each organisation wishing to take part in the conformity testing has to cover all entry conditions. To fulfil these entry conditions each organisation can collaborate with other organisation(s) to form a Testing Laboratory to cover all areas covered by the conformity tests. This will enable organisations to have the opportunity to participate even if individually they do not have the facilities to cover all areas of testing (i.e. layers 2-4 and 6-7). All Testing Laboratory interested in participating in the ePassports conformity tests must be registered in advance and submit the required qualification material (see below).
- Each Testing Laboratory will be represented by 1 representative.
- Number of Testing Laboratories is limited to 5.
- Each Testing Laboratory shall define a schedule (based on results of registration) setting out a rough timetable for guaranteed testing. The rest of their capacity is free for optional testing. The first plan will be created on September 7th, with a second version produced after registration is closed.
- Each Testing Lab will process the same range of tests in the same output format. General output will be list of all test cases with results of done test cases (pass, fail, N/A).
- Each Test Laboratory shall prepare its test environment on September 7th, 2008 within the reserved time frame from 13.00h to 18.00h. The Testing Steering Team has rights to verify readiness for testing.
- Entry conditions for Testing Laboratory:
- Each Testing Lab has to guarantee and provide proof that it:
- Is able to run all (whole range) tests for L2 - L4, L6 - L7, EAC and BAC according to above mentioned standards
- Is able to test at least minimum of 70 ePassports during Prague Testing (guaranteed part of testing). Based on this the appropriate number of Test locations for the Test laboratories will be created
- Each Testing Laboratory will nominate a point of contact and one representative to the Testing Steering Team for conformity testing management.
- Each Testing Laboratory will run a fixed set of test cases which will be the same for all Testing Laboratories.
- Each Testing Laboratory will produce set outputs from testing which will be the same for all Testing Laboratories.
- Each Testing location will be equipped with a suitable test environment (HW, SW) , provided by the Testing Laboratory occupying that location
- Each Testing Laboratory as a part of pre-registration process has to:
- provide accreditation certificates for testing of all tests of layers 2 - 7 by some certification authority (national, international) or
- provide a sample of detailed log files from testing of all tests of layers 2 - 7 or a combination of the above mentioned requirements.
- The necessary condition is participation in the Prague Testing free of charge.